Sunday, October 2, 2011

...MORE Palm Springs....!!

hi, world wide web friends....as promised i am putting up a "few" more pics from my trip last week to palm springs....and by a few, oh say 60 pictures. i have such a hard time editing as there is just too much good stuff.  i don't want to leave anything out! 

are you sick of me talking about Palm Springs yet?  I talk about it here.....and here....and now, here.  sorry, i just love it.


this city makes my brain explode with all of it's visual stimulation and inspiration. i wish you could see the interiors of the historic structures that i could barely snap photos of...such as John Lautner's home that Bob Hope resided in for years.  Or maybe you have.  BUT if you haven't I encourage you to google image these mid-century masterpieces and see why it is that i get SO excited to see them with barely a glimpse from the street....or in the case of the Lautner home, zoomed in as much as possible with my paparazzi lens.

What's following are my absolute MUST pitstops and vistas in Palm Springs.  If i don't accomplish the majority of this list then i have a sense of incompletion.

Enjoy!  And please let me know - what are your favorite spots in Palm Springs?!


We stayed in an Alexander Construction Company built home - this one HERE specifically.  Such a delight to live within these walls while exploring and appreciating many more structures designed by this influential Palm Springs design firm.
Photobucket


Photobucket
a straight and clean roofline against the backdrop of the San Jacinto mountains = pure Palm Springs


Photobucket


Photobucket
my Lu loves a hot day, but this was VERY hot...!


First meal tends to be margaritas and mexican food at Las Casuelas:


Photobucket


and the BEST deli I have ever experienced is hands down, Sherman's Deli:
Photobucket


If it is your first trip to Palm Springs, I highly recommend you stop at the Palm Springs Visitor Center.  The number one reason being is it is one of my fav pieces of architecture in PS.  designed by Albert Frey around 1952, it was originally a gas station and was your first significant architectural feature if you motored into PS.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


my friends that we went with got me a surprise massage at The Parker which was DIVINE...literally the best massage i have ever had.  The Parker is magic for many reasons.  Decor, service, the gardens and the yummy food and drinks they serve are at the top of my list.  Oh, Parker, I love thee....following are shots from The Parker...
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
my adorable friend Heather post Norma's brunch...


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
bocce anyone?


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
croquet?


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


throw in a little shopping!


Photobucket
Ventura Arts + Gallery 


we met the nicest couple that opened this store next to Trina Turk...Wil Stiles....i love their well curated showing of fashion, accessories and collection of vintage tennis rackets!
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


how about some architecture?!
Photobucket
Frey's PS City Hall


Photobucket
me in gigantic, gorgeous sunscreens 


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
private Frey residence

Photobucket
Cree home by Albert Frey

Photobucket
Cree home

Photobucket
Neutra's Kaufman home = dying...!!!!!!

Photobucket
Lautner's home for Bob Hope

Photobucket
amaze - can i move in?!

Photobucket
rad sunscreen

Photobucket
Frey House II - a favorite in our household...my honey and I hiked up to this house and sat outside on our first "weekend" date 9 years ago...

Photobucket
Elvis's honeymoon house by Alexander CC


my husband and i stayed at the Viceroy for part of our honeymoon and we love going back for a "Chillout Limeade" and cruising their immaculately groomed grounds....set against the mountains, the backdrop is so dramatic and peaceful.
Photobucket

Photobucket

we celebrated my birthday at Spencer's Restaurant which was delicious and super fun!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Heather (r) and I (l) getting jazzy


all images by janel holiday design 


In honor of the 10 pounds I gained on this trip, we'll go ahead and bring in Fat Elvis:


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment