If you know me, then you know it is no secret that I love the color RED. Just the right red piece in any room can give it that certain POP it may be lacking. In honor of the newest special little person in my life coming home, this blog is dedicated to pretty RUBY red design objects……Welcome Home, Ruby J……We love you.
- studio bon textiles makes to die for cute-as-hell fabrics. How about this cheerfulness on your Saarinen tulip chairs in your Breakfast Room?! A very good way to welcome the day in while not lettin' go of your Eggo.
- the “bocca sofa”…a perfect pout sofa……give it to me.
- I wish I could buy an Eames elephant by Vitra for all my special littles…..xoxo
- twirly, squirrely, vintage, iron scroll, high back red chairs…..perfect under groves of oak trees on a warm evening. Pulled up to a simple table filled with friends, tunes, delicious food and wine. I would string these lights above and through the trees...
- kartell produces this Anna Castelli Ferrieri designed modular system - the Componibili - that is super multi-functional....i love that these pieces can transfer to so many different locations and in the words of Too $hort, "Get In Where You Fit In".
- rolling in my '64..........i can dream. this is the FIRST thing i would buy if had the duckets to do so. The Chevy Impala is basically perfection. Secretly I would want a pale pink with silver flake paint job, but I would "settle" for this red one....
- Dorothy Draper made the Espana Chest and when she did she made pure perfection....imagine two of these gorgeous girls flanking your Hollywood Regency tufted headboard?!
- Sailor Jerry bandana for vintage car road trips and riding around the Mission on your fixie bike.
- my signature RED LIP go to color......Ruby Woo by M.A.C. All my secrets are out now.
- Marcel Wanders is a design genius who designed the "knotted chair" 10 years ago and Cappellini celebrated it by releasing a limited edition of 99 in red.......amazing, right?
- the "drop" stool makes up for its unfortunate name with being a fantastic outdoor chair in red - love!
- i would sleep in these shoes with regular pjs.....just slip them on my feet and i would lay in heaven.....Valentino, you jerk...you slayed me with these perfect bowed red heels ever since i discovered them in April......fork 'em.
i forgot to put in this note worthy steel fruit bowl from IKEA....i recently purchased one and couldn't be happier with it!
Soundtrack: The Rubies....obviously...