Tuesday, April 2, 2013

....recipe for a cute-ass DINING ROOM!

Often I find myself designing for an imaginary client, case in point, the following.  I recently saw this amazing rug and my brain just went nuts finding things to go with it for a cute-ass Dining Room.  Given my latest obsession with mint-green and pastels, I thought we would go off that color palette and darken it up a bit so not so seasonal.....what do you think?!

 photo cuteDR_zps960e2a71.jpg

JANEL HOLIDAY'S RECIPE FOR A CUTE-ASS DINING ROOM:

numerous delicately lit branches for the perfect focal point of a chandelier 
1 dark credenza with textured front panels
1 pair  of amazing Tommi Parzinger sconces
a handful of warm, vintage chairs
dash of a vintage rug
1 classic dining table with a marble top
a sparkle of gold flatware
a generous dose of amazing art

Take all of the above and add a group of loved ones, some bubbly, good grub, tunes and mix...repeat as needed.

Soundtrack for this reservation is the fun and jazzy little soundtrack to "An Education":
 photo 1087a4862_zpsca6f2a37.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment