Saturday, March 24, 2012

JH assemblage: a shadow box for SOPHIE...!

a good girlfriend of mine requested a little assemblage shadow box for her wee little cutie, "Sophie"....of course!  I love making my boxes for little girls....it is the perfect excuse to go overboard on the glitter and girlie goods.

The last time I was in my Studio was awhile ago - remember that?!  It felt really good after a long work week to divert my attention to a different creative endeavor and jump in on making Miss Sophie a piece that would hopefully capture her imagination for years to come as well as add a little California sparkle to her DCD walls....!


Sophie's mom is one stylish lady and sent me photos of her adorable bedroom....dark gray walls with accents of bright green and pink throughout - and she of course gets rocked in an Eames rocker....a modern room with nods of the vintage found in woodland creature decals on her walls....basically, Sophie's room is cuter than mine!


Photobucket


I knew that i wanted the exterior of the box to resemble pink, sparkly frosting....like a little pink cake....


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


after i mixed her color, i rummaged through all my stuff and began to lay out a mix of found, new and vintage pieces that would eventually live on Sophie's little box......


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


i always try to include something personally valuable to me....this ceramic bunny is from a family of four bunnies that I found in an antique or thrift store when I was traveling across country in my Airstream ten years ago....the two baby bunnies went to live in a shadow box for a special little lady named Amelia three years ago.....and now one to Sophie....leaves one left from that voyage of life......


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


and done!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I always listen to music as I work and besides the new Shins and Tennis album, OH Land was on heavy rotation:


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. you are so inspiring in so many ways. thank you for continuing to impress me and share your talents with the world. sophie is one lucky girlie!

    ReplyDelete