A favorite place for me is at the beach....any beach. Long gone are my days of laying out and tanning...I am more of a beach walk and taking in the sights type gal. The crashing waves, numerous layers of textures, unexpected encounters with ocean life and light are one of nature's best free shows. Yesterday, the hubby and I took a drive down the coast to meet up with friends to go bowling (yes, bowling). On the way back we pulled over to take in the ocean vistas....
The Gray Ghost fit in perfectly to the day's color palette.
I thought I would throw together a little ocean inspiration board....
1. mother of pearl shell chandeliers by Verner Panton, Switzerland 1960s.
2. brass anchor bottle opener
3. Edward Wormley for Dunbar console table, United States, 1940s.
4. hand carved pair of wood mermaid sconces, circa 19th century.
5. a beautiful Japanese sea life scroll painting on silk. circa 1865.
6. "Abalone" hand painted silk pajamas by Heidi Merrick - a fellow ocean lover.
7. Curtis Jere seagulls wall sculpture, United States, 1968.
8. vintage driftwood coffee table, United States, circa 1960's.
Soundtrack for this ocean field trip is crooner, Bobby Darin: