Monday, August 8, 2011

random ramblings with some PHOTOS of CUTE THINGS thrown in!

I’ve been in a bit of a blogging slump.  Sometimes I put so much pressure on myself to put together something so finished and specific, but those posts take time…something that I typically don’t have much of.  And when you throw that in with a lack of bloggin’ motivation, well…hence my semi-silent summer.  Oh, is it summer?  Can’t tell through all the windy and FREEZING fog here in San Francisco…maybe that has something to do with it as well.  I may have a slight case of the summer time blues.  Growing up in Santa Barbara I am accustomed to “June Gloom” and foggy summer days, but those mornings would typically clear to a warm enough sun to jump in the Pacific….not really an option for this wimpy girl up here in Nor-Cal.  So what have I been up to?

I zipped down to some very toasty weather a few weeks ago to meet up with two of my best girls and one very special, two year old.  We met up at my girlfriend’s family lake house in Lake Nacimiento for a quick, 24-hour trip….just enough time to warm my bones with the sun and to warm my heart with the girls and Dylan….just enough time to escape the city, reset my buttons, see a gazillion shooting stars and ground myself.  Focusing on the human design of sweet Dylan and my best friends was just what I needed….

Photobucket
sweet curls...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I threw a small get together for my husband which was super fun…!  We got our ping-pong table going which was insanely silly – and grew into quite the competition.  I always like to throw in some silly factor with his birthday, and it typically is something with being able to decorate people….there were special ribbons, option of a ‘stache and Justin Beiber VIP party passes.

Photobucket

Photobucket
my adorable husband aka "the ageless wonder"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday I went to the Alameda Flea Market and snapped a bunch of photos for you all….I actually ended up wandering up and down every aisle and made one SMALL purchase….mostly just took everything in and mustered up at least enough motivation to post this blog!

Photobucket
i adored these vintage shoe boxes....someone needs to do an installation of these in their master dressing room and/or shoe boutique!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
i'm a sucker for birds and old graphics...

Photobucket
a pretty case of purses

Photobucket
cheerful breakfast or side porch table...or tucked into a favorite garden corner

Photobucket

Photobucket
i think an installation of these in a super modern kitchen would be amazing!

Photobucket
i stalked this adorable chicky and her man (right foreground)....they were Italian and dressed to the NINES.  love.

Photobucket

Photobucket
i was *this close* to getting this....vintage danish modern

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
imagine these in a mint green lacquer with a fabulous fabric in a sunroom...surrounded by birdcages and ferns....you could sip your morning tea in your vintage Lilly Pulitzer gear....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
hmmm...looks familiar, right, Jonathan Adler fans?!

Photobucket
this was a case from France of jute and jute linen samples...pretty sweet.

Soundtrack for this random rambling blog is a random mix from Crazy, Stupid Love (which I saw last week with my husband….ummm, can we just discuss Ryan Gosling?!).  I especially LOVE Mark Ronson’s remix of “Animal” by Miike Snow:

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. awwwwwww!! love the lake pix.

    and the stach-sillies!!

    AND the flea market... need to go.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Almost too many things to comment on here... I am a lover of bird things too, and L@@K at that man with the bird cage! Great shot. LOVE those vintage shoe boxes. I used to keep all of my stationary in a cute stripey vintage box, but it got ruined when I moved. Beautiful pics, Janel. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete