the path to the b-flies
they are everywhere....
As always, this experience had my brain going full force of all things butterfly related. I put together some of my favorite and iconic designs as well as a few recently discovered items on these inspiration boards:
1. Pierre Paulin Butterfly chair, Holland 1963.
2. linen "Dreamers" fabric by Lulu DK.
3. Butterfly "Exhibition Dress" by Yumi.
4. red hot, suede "Butterfly Cutout Sandals" by Giuseppe Zanotti.
5. glass domes with butterfly collections, France 19th century.
6. Fornasetti lacquered wood tray.
7. La Mendola maxi dress, Italy 1960s.
8. Andy Warhol acrylic on paper, circa 1986.
9. mid-century French butterfly wall sconces.
10. leather, studded butterfly clutch by Gucci.
Soundtrack is Bob Marley, because it's his birthday today and I hope he is as free + floating as a butterfly wherever he is: